Peter specializes in behaviour and modification and management of aggression cases.
A strong background in training allows him to not only understand the reason for your dogs aggression issues but also how to implement strategies to cope with them.
Our classes have been specificially designed
to foster the best possible relationship between you and your dog.
Focusses on creating an environment where you can socialize your puppy and introduce them to other people and dogs of a similar age.
Several classes and levels that take place on Saturdays and Sundays.
Assistance in positive reinforcement training in order to better adapt behaviour.
Effective communication between man and dog.
My Name is Peter Eleftheriou and I run Understanding Dog in the East Rand area of Johannesburg, I am also the owner and operator of Mckaynine Edenvale training school.
My qualifications include:
- Canine Communications diploma- Lotte Griffiths
- A-Dip CBM (with Distinction) Compass U.K.- Petsense College SA.
- DipCABT (COAPE SA) Animal Behaviour with Merit.
- Certified IMDT Dog Trainer with Distinction.
- ConfiPup Instructor with Distinction.
- Learn Canine Puppy and Obedience Instructor Certificate with merit.
- The puppy Lab- School of Canine Science
- Pawsonel Trainer Bronze
- Accredited canine behaviourist with the ABC of South Africa (consultant to the committee).
- Master course- Aggression in Dogs - run by Michael Shikashio.
I have four dogs:
- Philos (6) male Boston terrier
- Agapi (5) female Pekingese
- Mila (22 months) female Labrador
- Aries (3 month) male GSD